As a community sporting organisation, we rely on volunteers.
But, you don’t need to have horsey knowledge. There’s many jobs that need to be done behind the scenes, and at events.
Like most community sporting organisations, we rely heavily on volunteers to make everything run smoothly. Volunteers are needed for everything, from being on the club’s committee and sub committees, helping with equipment setup and pack up at events, through to fundraising over the year.
Volunteering is a great way to get involved more in the pony club, even if you’re not horsey at all. You’re not even required to have a child or other family member attend pony club. If you’re looking to learn about horses and meet horsey people, volunteering is a great way to achieve this.
Pony Club can be a fun day out for everyone.
Some of the regular tasks we need our super helpful volunteers to assist with are:
- Setting up and packing up equipment at rallies and other events
- Manning the gate or sign in areas, especially during COVID
- Helping maintain the equipment and assisting with the club grounds
- Managing our social media and website
- Fundraising, whether it’s selling chocolates at work, or helping put on a fundraising event
- Being a first aider on site
- Write grant or other funding applications
- Lead horses and ponies for RWH participants (training provided, and some horsey knowledge is required for this one).
- Serve on the committee, or a sub committee, and help keep the club running.
BENEFITS OF VOLUNTEERING
- Meet some pretty awesome people, and make friends for life.
- Learn new skills, or expand on existing ones – horsey and non horsey.
- Sense of fulfilment.
- Joy of watching the kids (and adults) have so much fun and knowing you helped that happen.
If we can provide you with any information regarding volunteering at the club, or to answer any other questions you may have, please feel free to contact us.
You’re welcome to pop out to a Rally Day to see what it is all about.